COVID‐19 Guidelines SWIHA/SOY
Effective Thursday, January 13th, 2022, and in alignment with City of Tempe and CDC guidelines due to the fact Maricopa County is currently considered an area of high transmission for COVID, SWIHA is aligning with state and federal guidelines:
At SWIHA and SOY, we RECOMMEND and ENCOURAGE indoor masking for all teachers, staff, students, and visitors regardless of vaccination status.
To ensure we provide a safe learning environment, all students, staff, and faculty must understand and agree to comply with the following health and safety requirements when on campus.
If you do become ill with Covid, or Covid like symptoms, SWIHA follows updated CDC guidelines as follows:
1. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, which are related with the newer strains of Covid-19, you are to stay home and quarantine for 5 days: Headache, fatigue, sinus congestion, sore throat, difficulty breathing, fever, cough, new loss of taste or smell.
2. Report your status to your academic advisor
3. Isolate for 5 days.
4. If they are asymptomatic or if your symptoms are resolving (without fever for 24 hours), return to class.
5. Once returned, you are required to wear a mask for 5 days to minimize the risk of infecting people they encounter.
If you have been exposed to someone who was diagnosed with Covid-19, you may still come to campus. However, you are required to wear a mask for 10 days from the date of exposure.
Any student who is experiencing symptoms of illness, or who has questions about any of the above provisions should contact your instructor or Academic Advisor as soon as possible.
Any staff or faculty member experiencing symptoms of illness or who has questions about any of the above provisions should contact Dr. Brad Bouté as soon as possible.
To help protect each other and our extended communities, you can expect the following when coming to the studio:
As of March 29, 2021, the following parts of our Covid-19 response are changing.
- Protective Face Coverings are required
- Instructors are not required to wear masks while lecturing or teaching as long as they can maintain the required distancing.
Items of our Covid-19 response that are remaining the same:
- We will continue to sanitize all surfaces and bathrooms to maintain cleanliness
- We will continue to provide hand sanitizers on campus.
- All people on campus are required to answer “no” to the four questions at each entrance.
- We will continue to follow our established Covid-19 designations and communication protocols for students, staff, or faculty who may be exposed to or contract Covid-19
SWIHA Massage Clinic and SWINA Aesthetics mask protocols remain unchanged. Masks will be worn during client sessions.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Will Zecco at email@example.comDid you know that Spirit of Yoga is part of the Southwest Institute of Healing Arts?