Life is energy. It is meant to flow through us, each time leaving us broader, richer and evolving us for having known it. When we experience more intensity than we can handle, we shut this process down and create blocks in the body. The Amrit Method of Yoga Body Psychology is designed to not only treat visible physical symptoms, but is aimed at addressing the invisible mental and emotional blocks that contribute to them. Using gravity supported, static poses held by the facilitator, or with the use of the wall or props, you will learn how to surface and release blockages held in body zones such as legs, buttocks, hamstrings, heart and shoulders. This rejuvenating and releasing experience enhances your understanding of the energetic aspects of yoga and how to use it for yourself and others as one of the most profound healing modalities you will ever encounter.
- Explore the anatomy of energy and how it becomes blocked
- Use a variety of prop and partner assisted yoga postures to intensify energy flow and encounter energetic holding patterns
- Learn about the chakras as a map to our personal evolution and how yoga therapy poses can be used to open stagnant energies
- Discover how to healthfully integrate and release emotions for yourself and others
- Use various experiences to connect with and learn to listen to the energy of the body and what it is saying to you
- Learn how to lead a therapeutic yoga class with partner and prop supported assists
Yoga Body Psychology creates:
- The opportunity to re-program mental and emotional patterns that produce dis-ease
- Improved posture and range of motion*
- Reduction of chronic pain and tension*
- Long term restoration of body function after injury or surgery*
- Increased energy, Mental clarity, emotional balance and assistance to transform unhealthy thinking patterns*
*Results may vary from person to person *This Certificates of Excellence is not designed to serve as stand-alone vocational training and will not prepare you for gainful employment if taken independently of a diploma or degree program.
Meet the Instructor: Dr. Marie Bailey
(Psy. D., ERYT-500, C-IAYT)
Dr. Marie Bailey (Psy. D., ERYT-500, C-IAYT) is a Senior Faculty member at the Amrit Yoga Institute in Salt Springs, Florida where she is a trainer in the Amrit Method of Yoga Therapy and Amrit Method Yoga Nidra Professional Trainings. She has a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and spent many years in her first career as a psychologist. She holds every Amrit Method certification. A Yogi through and through, Marie fell in love with the Amrit Yoga Methods in 2009 when she first met Kamini Desai, Ph.D. and her father Yogi Amrit Desai. Marie is a practicing Yoga Therapist, a teacher, and lecturer.
Financial Aid is available to those who qualify. SWIHA is a nationally-accredited college approved by the United States Department of Education. Students enrolled in programs of 600 hours or more may qualify for Federal Student Aid in the form of Pell grants and student loans.
We also offer no interest in-house payment plans https://swiha.edu/prospective-students/financial-aid